Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bp Rodgers Writes to Christ the Redeemer


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Warmest greetings in the Lord Jesus,

I recall with appreciation your several Church sanctuaries, the first which I recall from the days of Gibb when I visited you, and your new sanctuary which I know from the days of Mark and David. But what I recall most with the greatest admiration and joy is the joy of the Gospel which I saw in your hearts and faces and the warmth of your welcome to me, a Brother in the Lord. You have always kept the main thing as the main thing, and I salute you for that.

Now you have been asked by the Lord to give up all of these familiar and beautiful buildings and all that furnished them, in order to be faithful to Him. You have done so with courage and peace of soul and for this you have my deepest thanks and highest regard. I recall the sayings of Rick Warren, “It is the people, not the steeple” and “You keep the building and we’ll keep the blessing”. And surely you will know the Lord’s continued blessing. The Lord Himself will guide and bless you in the days ahead. Were my wife not so ill, we would be with you today as you take your leave of the familiar to enter into the exciting days ahead with Lord as you leader and shepherd. Blanche and I will be holding you in prayer and look forward to hearing from you about what the Lord is doing in and through you in the days ahead. “If the Lord has given us Christ, will he not also give us everything (we need) in Him” He will! Amen and Amen!

Rt. Rev. John H. Rodgers Jr. Th.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment